I like to take a few minutes each week to re-visit lessons I have learned about leadership. Today, I was sifting through one of my journals when I saw notes from a discussion on effective leaders. Dr. Bob Young (www.bobyoungresources.com), a ministry and missions consultant and former colleague at Ohio Valley University, challenged me with these ideas (thanks, Bob, these concepts are as true today as they were some ten years ago when you shared them with me): 1. Effective leaders are team players
2. Effective leaders don't dwell on the negative
3. Effective leaders follow their hearts
4. Effective leaders hold their ground
5. Effective leaders ask boldly
6. Effective leaders build on the foundations of the past.
Are you an effective leader?